I was so lucky to be nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by the amazing Tessa Cherrywillow! Thank You, Tessa! (And I apologize for my delay in responding, I have been MIA attending family weddings for the past month!)
You should definitely check out her blog, Tessa’s Meadow here. Tessa is part of the Pixie Blogging Community (PBC) and we connected on WP due to our mutual love of FAIRIES!
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world.”
1. Thank the person who has nominated you, linking back to their site
2. Put the award logo in your blog post
3. Answer the 10 questions sent you
4. Nominate 10 bloggers and contact them to let them know they’ve been selected
5. Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer
The questions I got + my answers :
1. What are your hobbies/interests?
Visual Arts. Especially painting (fairies, of course), sketching and creating jewelry. I love to draw animals, too. I also love to collect old things… buttons, spoons, door knobs, blue and white dishes, Ironstone, doilies… the list goes on. 🙂
2. Describe yourself with 3 adjectives.
Creative, Goofy, Dreamer
3. Do you have any “guilty pleasures”?
4. What is the current wallpaper on your phone?
A picture of my very handsome husband.
5. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Healing the sick.
6. What is your favorite magazine?
Somerset Studios Magazine by Stampington and Company. I love all their creative magazines!
7. What do you like best about blogging?
All the wonderful people I have met through blogging. WP is such a great community. I have met so many really creative artists through WP all over the world. And they are all so supportive of me and my art. Truly, an amazing community. ❤
8. Who is your favorite character in a novel or film and why do you like him/her so much?
Daine from the The Immortal Series books by Tamora Pierce. They are actually written for the teen market, but I love all of her books. I fell in love with them when my daughter ordered one from scholastic in grade school. I read it to make sure it was age appropriate. I especially love the character Daine as she has the power to talk to and heal animals. She can even shift her shape and become an animal. Way cool…
9. What one piece of advice would you give your younger self?
Spend a few minutes every day with YOUR art. I know I was busy with life and I had a fabulous portrait photography career, but I wish I had spent more time creating art for myself on my terms. It brings me such joy now that I do it all the time.
10. Which Disney Fairy do you think resembles you the most in personality?
FAWN. A rough and tumble tomboy. Yep, that’s me. Plus her favorite treat is melted acorn butter on anything. I love my Trader Joe’s almond butter on just about anything. Seriously, don’t get between me and my almond butter! 🙂
5 bloggers I nominate: (I am breaking a rule for this because I am only nomiating five.)
– Whitney – Her blog is Mint Gypsy
– Debbie – Her blog is Ordinary Creative
– Elizabeth Thomas
– Carolina – Her blog is Yesterday After
– Susan – Her blog is Light Years
10 questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What inspires you the most ?
4. Who is or has been your favorite role model?
5. What is your favorite flower?
6. What is your favorite topic to blog about?
7. What one piece of advice would you give your younger self?
8. Who is your favorite female artist?
9. If you were a fairy, what color hair would you have?
10. What is your favorite book and why?
Have fun answering the questions! I sure did. 🙂
Have a wonderful, creative, day, Janell